44 Democrats voted NO on legislation designed to:
• Improve and reauthorize grants for existing NICS background check database, which has experienced massive cuts under Obama;
• Require federal courts to submit relevant information to NICS;
• Ensure that relevant mental health records are submitted by states to NICS;
• Condition federal grant money for states on their submission of mental health records to NICS;
• Increase federal prosecution of gun violence by establishing the Nationwide Project Exile Program and establishing a high level federal taskforce;
• Study of the causes of mass shootings;
• Responsibly addresses gun violence by criminalizing straw purchasing of firearms and gun trafficking;
• Second Amendment Protections for Veterans;
• Require the Department of Justice to explain to Congress why it has or has not been prosecuting gun cases;
• Place Limitations on Fast & Furious type operations by DOJ;
• Authorize FFL’s to utilize the NICS database to for voluntary background checks of employees;
• Authorize FFL’s to access the FBI’s National Crime Information Center stolen gun database to ensure that a firearm is not stolen prior to acquisition;
• Reauthorize the Mentally Ill Offender Treatment and Crime Reduction Act (MIOTCRA) with amendments;
• Address school safety by Reauthorizes the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Secure our Schools Program through 2023.
Here's the roll call.